Jio has been introducing new plans off-late like Jio Cricket Pack, Free data for the T20 season and more. All these plans were applicable only for Prepaid customers. Although Jio had Postpaid plans, it wasn’t prominent among users.
Recently, Jio launched Postpaid service and the service is going live today in India. Customers can book Jio SIM card and get it delivered to home for FREE or collect it from a nearby Jio store. The company introduced a single plan under Postpaid which offers benefits like 25 GB per month, Unlimited calls, Unlimited SMS, Unlimited Access to Jio services like Jio Music, Jio Cinema, Jio TV etc.
The plan costs Rs. 199 per month along with International calling starting at 50p/min. Here are more details on the plan
You can book yourself a new Jio Postpaid SIM from Jio’s website for FREE. Here are the steps to follow
- Open www.Jio.com/postpaid
- Click on ‘Get Now’
- You will get an option to select ‘Postpaid SIM’
- Enter your mobile number
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile number
- Select the Bill Plan ( as of now only one plan is available )
- Enter your pin code to check whether the service is available or not
- If your area is not eligible for Home Delivery, you have to collect the SIM card from nearest Jio Store
- Select ‘ I Want Door Step Delivery’ and fill in your details
- In the next step, select the delivery date and delivery time according to your convenience.
- Click ‘Confirm Your Order’
- Voila! You will get a confirmation message.
The delivery charge of SIM card is Rs.99 in general. But as an introductory offer, Jio is offering the Postpaid SIM for FREE.
Jio is also offering Mobile Number Portability on Jio Postpaid. Customers who are on other networks can port their number to Jio Postpaid online. While filling the details, customers have to check the MNP option.
- The existing dues on the existing network have to be cleared
- In general, the porting process takes up to 7 days